A little bitAbout Us
The History Of
Rockport has a history as a busy and prosperous industrial community and the Harbor Village was the hub of activity.
For half a century Rockport’s lime kilns operated 24-hours a day. Boat building and cooperage sheds lined the waterfront and ice harvesting on Lily Pond kept the town bustling with growth year-round.
The Carleton House
There was a 30 room hotel, The Carleton House, located where the library is today. The hotel rooms had steam heat to comfort guests year-round and an adjacent livery sable for horses.
The Swann Inn located in the 4-story Piper Building on Main Street offered its guests harbor views from its second and third floor balconies.
The 20 Central Street lot originally had a three-story granite and brick building that was, for many years, home to the successful Rockport Ice Company and a dry-goods store. This company was one of the first operations to mechanically manufacture ice and as the site was excavated, an old cistern, likely used for storing water to make ice, was discovered.
As the ice business came to an end and the advent of horseless carriages arrived, the building became a gas station complete with gas pumps on the sidewalk. Following a 1970’s Nor’Easter the snow load collapsed the roof and the building was later torn down.
Rockport Harbor Hotel
The Rockport Harbor Hotel will provide comfortable in-town lodging and a place for residents and visitors alike to gather. With 20 studios and suites, two restaurants and bars open to the public, and breathtaking views of Rockport Harbor, it will be a destination for all to experience and remember.
The hotel’s design and décor pay tribute to the historic roots of Rockport’s industrial past, while incorporating modern elements and luxurious amenities. We can’t wait to show you all that Rockport Maine has to offer.
Guest Room Amenities
- Large, ornamental iron balconies;
- Modern gas fireplaces;
- 55″ flat-screen LED Smart TV’s with premium programming;
- Free wireless internet;
- Dog-friendly accommodations;
- Spa inspired bathrooms;
- Plush 100% cotton Terry bathrobes;
- 100% premium Cotton oversized bath towels & washcloths;
- Luxurious 400 thread count cotton sheets & goose down pillows;
- Signature Presidential Suite II Pillow Top mattresses;
- Mini-fridge, microwave oven, Keurig coffee maker, & honor bar items;
- Complimentary bottled water refreshed daily;
- Spa-quality soaps, lotions, conditioners, body washes & shampoos;
- Iron and ironing boards;
- In-room safes with secure electronic coded entry.
We are the Bay View Collection
Lord Camden Inn
36 rooms & suites that combine old-world architecture with modern day comfort, service, and amenities.
Grand Harbor Inn
16 Bay View Hotel
Upscale 21-room modern boutique hotel in Camden with rooftop bar, lounge restaurant, and harbor views.